A driving license is a government-authorized permit to drive a vehicle on the road. If you want to apply for a new driving license, you can do it all online. The Bangalore Transport Department has digitalized and built an online system that can help you carry out most of the RTO-related work easily online.
Eligibility for Application of Driving Licence in Bangalore
To obtain a driving license in Bangalore, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a minimum of 18 years or above to apply for a permanent driving license in Bangalore.
- You must submit a copy of a valid Learner’s License. A valid LL is mandatory for application of Driver’s License (DL)
How to Obtain Learner’s license in Bangalore?
You can either visit the concerned Regional Transport Office (RTO) in person or apply for Learner’s License (LL) online. The majority of the people in Bangalore prefer to apply for LL through driving schools. The RTO Offices in Bengaluru are listed below at the end of this article, do check it to find the RTO Office closest to your location.
Steps to Apply for Learner’s License in Bangalore
- Visit the Karnataka Transport Department’s official website to download the application form for applying for a new driving license.
- Visit the nearby RTO with the duly-filled application form and the necessary supporting documents like your identity proof, proof of residence, age proof, and passport size photographs).
- You can book a slot online to fix an appointment to visit the RTO.
- On the day of the scheduled appointment, visit the RTO office with the original and photocopies of all your documents.
- On successful verification of all your documents, you will be allowed to take the LL test.
- The LL written test in Bangalore will have around 20 multiple-choice questions regarding the rules and regulations of driving.
- Once you have submitted your test, the results will be declared on the same day.
- You can collect a copy of your LL on the same day on clearing the LL test.
- On failing to clear the test, you will have to apply again after some time.
- It must be noted that you cannot apply for a DL without having a valid LL.
Steps to Apply for Permanent Driving Licence in Bangalore
You can apply for a driving license online in Bangalore by following the below steps:
- Visit the Karnataka Transport official website.
- Download the “Application of Driving License” Form.
- Fill the required details. These include the applicant’s name, mobile number, email address, PAN number, type of motorcycle, permanent address, temporary address, birthplace, date of birth, educational qualification, identification marks, citizenship status, blood group, etc.
- Upload the medical certificate, learner’s Licence, the certificate from the driving school, and any other supporting documents required.
- On submitting the application, you will get an Application Reference Number and you will be allotted an appointment to visit the RTO.
- On the day of the scheduled appointment, you will have to take the vehicle to the RTO. It must be noted that the vehicle type has to be the same that was written at the time of filling the application.
- During the driving test, you will be required to drive in front of the RTO Official.
- The results will be announced in a few hours. If you fail, you will have to take the test again after a few days.
- If you clear the driving test, the DL (Driving License) will be posted to your address in a few days.
Documents required for Application of Driving license in Bangalore, Karnataka
The documents required to obtain a driving license in Bangalore are:
- Duly-filled application form
- Two passport size photo
- A copy of PAN card
- A copy of medical fitness certificate
- A copy of address proof
- A copy of birth certificate
- Copy of a valid Learner’s License
- Payment receipt confirming the fees paid
RTO Offices where you can apply for a Driving Licence in Bangalore
- Corporation, Shopping Complex, Rajajinagar, Bangalore – 560 010.
- 2ND Floor, BDA Complex, Indiranagar, Bangalore – 560 038
- 3rd Block, BDA Shopping Complex, Koramangala, Bangalore – 080 25533525
- 83/63, Opp To Mico Factory, Central Jail Road, Bommanahalli CMC, Channakeshava Nagar, Electronic City, Bangalore – 560 100
Also Read : Central Government Imposes Ban on Gutka Products