During this Lockdown Situation; is it a good idea to start SIP with the below?
1. Mirae Large Cap Fund (G) 12,000
2. Axis Focused 25 Fund (G) 12,000
3. Sundaram Large and Midcap Fund (G) 11,000
4. Canara Robeco Emerging Equities Fund (G) 5,000
5. Principal Emerging Bluechip Fund (G) 5,000
Answer by Ranganath RNG
To answer this, first we should understand what would be your duration of Holding? If you are planning to stay invested for more than 10 – 15 years, it is good to go with any of the mutual funds. If the time horizon is limited or less than 5 years, you can stick to Fixed deposits or PPF. Because it takes good number of years for Markets to Grow from X point to Y. And as the future is uncertain it is difficult to determine. If you are still ready to take risks, you can go with Nifty Index funds which are directly related to the Index.
Also read : How can I transfer my existing shares from HDFC securities to Zerodha